Would You like a feature Interview?
All Interviews are 100% FREE of Charge
Sony’s next-generation VR headset has finally arrived. Here’s what you should know:
Finally, PlayStation VR2 has officially launched, releasing a massive catalog of over 30 launch titles. grand turismo 7 and Resident Evil Village to highly anticipated and original experiences like Horizon Call of the Mountain.
The PlayStation VR2 (PS VR2) builds on its predecessor with features such as headset-based haptic feedback, eye-tracking technology, new and improved PS VR2 sense controllers, and 3D audio. Sony also promises improved ergonomics to provide a more comfortable headset experience, allowing for even longer gaming sessions.
Jim Ryan, president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, said in an official release: “Teams across the company have worked closely with some of the most talented game developers in the industry to take the next step in VR games. It’s amazing.”
“This is just the beginning of PS VR2, and there will be many more experiences to come this year and beyond,” he added. “Please look forward to the game that will be released soon. Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Chapter 2 Retribution, No Man’s Sky, more. “
The PlayStation VR2 features two 2000×2040 OLED displays with a refresh rate of 90Hz to 120Hz and an approximate field of view (FOV) of 110 degrees. In addition to the 6-axis motion sensing system, the headset includes an IR proximity sensor and an IR camera for eye tracking. It also has headset-based haptics, a unique feature compared to other VR headsets.
As previously mentioned, the PlayStation VR2 will come with over 30 games at launch, with more coming in the near future. Below is a list of currently available and upcoming games for PS VR2, courtesy of Sony Interactive Entertainment.
- after collapsing (vertigo game)
- Altair Breaker (Thirdverse)
- Before Your Eyes (Skybound Interactive, launch window)
- City VR (fast travel game)
- cosmonious high (Owlchemy Labs)
- Creed: Rise to Glory – Championship Edition (Survios, Launch Window)
- Dark Pictures: Switchback (supermassive, launch window)
- demeo (solution game)
- Dyscronia: Chronos Alternate (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
- Fantavision 202X (Cosmomachia Co., Ltd.)
- Gran Turismo 7 (via free update to PS5 version of GT7)
- Horizon Call of the Mountain (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
- job simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
- Aftermath of Jurassic World (sink)
- Kayak VR: Mirage (better than life)
- Kizuna AI – Touch the Beat! (Gemdrops Co., Ltd.)
- Last Clockwinder (Pontoko/Cyan World)
- brigade of light (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
- Moth 1 & 2 Remastered (Polyarc)
- NFL pro era (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
- No Man’s Sky (Hello Games, launch window)
- Pavlov VR (bankruptcy)
- pistol whip (cloud head, free upgrade)
- mysterious place (Realities.io, free upgrade)
- Resident Evil Village (via Capcom, free update to PS5 version of RE Village)
- Lesbian Infinite (Strengthen)
- song in the smoke (17 bits)
- Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge – Enhanced Edition (ILMxLAB)
- synth rider (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
- Onogoro story (Amata Co., Ltd.)
- tentacles (Devolver)
- Tetris Effect: Connected (Strengthen)
- thumper (Drool LLC)
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners: Ch. 2: Retribution (skydance, launch window)
- Townspeople VR (handy game)
- vacation simulator (Owlchemy Labs)
- what a bat (tri-band)
- Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR, free upgrade)
PlayStation VR2 is available now starting at $549.99. With this, you get a PlayStation VR2 headset, two Sense controllers, and a pair of stereo in-ear headphones. There is also a $599 bundle that comes with a voucher code with the aforementioned items. mountain horizon callIt’s important to note that you’ll need a PlayStation 5 console to use PS VR2.
Sony also offers a variety of premium accessories that are available for an additional fee. This includes the $99 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset and the $99 PlayStation VR2 Sense Controller Charging Station. For more information, playstation store.
Feature image credit: Sony Interactive Entertainment