Would You like a feature Interview?
All Interviews are 100% FREE of Charge
When you buy through our links, Insider may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Today’s free South Africa vs. Ireland live stream is this weekend’s hottest match in the Rugby World Cup and should excite even the most casual of rugby fans. We can help you get set up in just a few clicks with everything you need to watch the game for free, wherever you are in the world. Better yet, this setup will work for all the remaining World Cup games and plenty of other international sports streaming opportunities.
If you’re new to rugby or only tuning into the occasional game, this is the one you won’t want to miss this week. The holders, South Africa, are in terrific form, having already dispatched a strong Scottish side and destroying Romania in the group. They also beat Wales and New Zealand in August’s warm-up games. As for Ireland, third-favorites, they dominated this year’s Six Nations and eased past Romania 82-8 last week, although their win against Samoa was far from emphatic.
If you don’t have a proper watch option in your country, we’ll show you how to watch the Rugby World Cup live streams for free using a VPN. Short for virtual private network, these handy apps let your devices mimic various international locations of your choosing so that you can hop onto one of the all-inclusive streaming sources listed below.
Where to watch South Africa vs. Ireland Rugby World Cup live streams free from anywhere
You can catch all of the Rugby World Cup action, including South Africa vs. Ireland, using the free ITVX live stream in the United Kingdom, which is offering up every match of this year’s Rugby World Cup. ITV1 will show most games, and the others will be shown between ITV3 and 4. While ITVX is a UK-based platform, you can access it from anywhere using a VPN.
A VPN virtually changes your devices’ location, so apps and websites think you’re connecting from servers within those countries. In the case of the Rugby World Cup, you can connect through a UK server, and ITV will let you in with no fuss after creating a free email login. You can also use VPNs to sign up for cheap streaming services such as Peacock (it’s also showing all Rugby World Cup games starting at $5.99 monthly).
Don’t have a VPN? There’s a fantastic offer right now on one of the best VPN services we’ve tested and have been using for years for streaming and beefing up our online security. You can pick up NordVPN, save up to 68% on the usual price, and get three months for free. It’s the best investment in your sports-watching future if you know you’ll want to watch more international sports streams. If you’re unsatisfied, there’s a hassle-free 30-day money-back guarantee. Want to learn more about the product? Take a look at our NordVPN review.
How to watch South Africa vs. Ireland with a VPN
- Sign up for a VPN if you don’t have one.
- Install it on the device you’re using to watch the game.
- Turn it on and set it to a UK location.
- Go to: ITVX.
- Sign in/create a free login and watch the match.
- When: Today, 3 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. BST / 9 p.m. BST / 5 a.m. (Sun) AEST.
How to watch South Africa vs. Ireland in the USA
NBC is the exclusive broadcast partner for the Rugby World Cup in the United States. All games will stream live on its Peacock streaming service (starts at just $5.99 monthly).
You’ll also find over a dozen select matches on its network news arm, CNBC (available on live TV streaming services like Sling Blue + News Extra, currently just $20 for your first month). Or, if you have a VPN, you can watch all of the Rugby World Cup matches for free using ITVX, as described above.
Peacock is a streaming service featuring NBCUniversal TV shows, movies, original series, live sports, and news programs. Prices start at just $5.99 a month on one-month deals, with further discounts available on annual plans.
Rugby World Cup schedule
Below is a full schedule of upcoming Rugby World Cup games that will run through the October 28 final. All times below are in US Eastern.
Groups and Pools
Saturday, September 23
- Georgia vs. Portugal, 8:00 a.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
- England vs. Chile, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool D (free on ITVX)
- South Africa vs. Ireland, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
Sunday, September 24
- Scotland vs. Tonga, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
- Wales vs. Australia, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
Wednesday, September 27
- Uruguay vs. Namibia, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool A (free on ITVX)
Thursday, September 28
- Japan vs. Samoa, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool D (free on ITVX)
Friday, September 29
- New Zealand vs. Italy, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool A (free on ITVX)
Saturday, September 30
- Argentina vs. Chile, 9:00 a.m. ET; Pool D (free on ITVX)
- Fiji vs. Georgia, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
- Scotland vs. Romania, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
Sunday, October 1
- Australia vs. Portugal, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
- South Africa vs. Tonga, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
Thursday, October 5
- New Zealand vs. Uruguay, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool A (free on ITVX)
Friday, October 6
- France vs. Italy, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool A (free on ITVX)
Saturday, October 7
- Wales vs. Georgia, 9:00 a.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
- England vs. Samoa, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool D (free on ITVX)
- Ireland vs. Scotland, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
Sunday, October 8
- Japan vs. Argentina, 7:00 a.m. ET; Pool D (free on ITVX)
- Tonga vs. Romania, 11:45 a.m. ET; Pool B (free on ITVX)
- Fiji vs. Portugal, 3:00 p.m. ET; Pool C (free on ITVX)
- France vs. New Zealand; Friday, September 8, 3:15 p.m. ET (free on ITVX)
Saturday, October 14
- TBD (Winner Pool C) vs. TBD (Runner-up Pool D), 11:00 a.m. ET; QF1 (free on ITVX)
- TBD (Winner Pool B) vs. TBD (Runner-up Pool A), 3:00 p.m. ET; QF2 (free on ITVX)
Sunday, October 15
- TBD (Winner Pool D) vs. TBD (Runner-up Pool C), 11:00 a.m. ET; QF3 (free on ITVX)
- TBD (Winner Pool A) vs. TBD (Runner-up Pool B), 3:00 p.m. ET; QF4 (free on ITVX)
Friday, October 20
- TBD (Winner Quarter-final 1) vs. TBD (Winner Quarter-final 2), 3:00 p.m. ET; Semi-final 1 (free on ITVX)
Saturday, October 21
- TBD (Winner Quarter-final 3) vs. TBD (Winner Quarter-final 4), 3:00 p.m. ET; Semi-final 2 (free on ITVX)
Bronze Final (Third-place matchup)
Friday, October 27
- TBD (Losers: SF1) vs. TBD (Losers: SF2), 3:00 p.m. ET; Third place play-off (free on ITVX)
Saturday, October 28
- TBD (Winners: SF1) vs. TBD (Winners: SF2), 3:00 p.m. ET; Final (free on ITVX)