Would You like a feature Interview?
All Interviews are 100% FREE of Charge
Our experts answer readers’ investing questions and write unbiased product reviews (here’s how we assess investing products). Paid non-client promotion: In some cases, we receive a commission from our partners. Our opinions are always our own.
- Quicken is offering 50% off its products as a Black Friday deal, starting Tuesday through Sunday, December 3.
- Simplifi by Quicken, one of Business Insider’s choices for best budgeting apps, is included.
- Intuit is shutting down its popular app, Mint, which leaves users looking for an alternative.
For once, there’s a Black Friday deal to help you save money, not just spend it.
Personal finance tool Quicken is offering half off its suite of money-management tools from Tuesday, November 21 through Sunday, December 3 for new customers. The promotional price is billed annually, and applies for one year, after which the subscription will renew at then-current pricing unless it is cancelled.
Quicken is offering the Black Friday deal on the following products:
Since Intuit announced it will shut down the popular free personal finance app Mint on January 1, 2024, current users have been scrambling for alternatives. Intuit wants Mint users to move to Credit Karma, another money-management tool in Intuit’s portfolio, but Credit Karma lacks the monthly budgeting features that helped make Mint so popular.
While it may be worth looking to Quicken Classic options, Business Insider named Simplifi our best budgeting app for robust budgeting features thanks to its customizable categories, savings goals, and spending and saving analysis you can see in convenient charts.
Simplifi provides monthly reports for various categories, including spending, general income, and net worth. Along with a watchlist tool to track areas in your spending, if offers another tool to monitor bills so you’re never late to pay.
Even without the Black Friday deal, Simplifi is more affordable than comparable options, like YNAB and Monarch Money. After testing 18 budgeting apps — looking at the sign-up process, pricing, budgeting tools, and user experience, and taking its user ratings into account — we named Simplifi to our list of the best.
Simplifi by Quicken
$5.99 monthly subscription or $47.88 annual subscription
Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
Minimum Deposit Amount
- Connect all your bank accounts, investments accounts, and credit cards
- Help you save for individual savings goals
- Create a budget
- Track expenses
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Must buy a subscription (no free option)
- Stay on top of your finances in under 5 minutes per week.
- Check your custom budgeting plan — anytime, anywhere!
- Track your spending
- See where your money is going and discover places to save.
- Keep your bills in check
- Find subscriptions you don’t use and start saving from day one.